We've installed a sweet new blue anodized aluminum air dam on the pneumatic lid for the DOMO sample dewar (with color coordinated electric blue CPU fans). The air dam helps to draw off frozen ice crystals from the air above the liquid nitrogen when the dewar lid is open. This will hopefully prevent the ice from falling into the LN2 and contaminating it. If it doesn't work at least it looks cool.
ALS Ring Status
- Postdoctoral position open with the SIBYLS group at the Advanced Light Source
- SIBYLS Installs New Tecan Freedom Evo liquid handling robot
- Designing and defining dynamic protein cage nanoassemblies in solution
- Formation of repressive complex in the mammalian circadian clock is demoted by the secondary pocket of CRY1
- Defining NADH-Driven Allostery Regulating Apoptosis-Inducing Factor
- SAXS used to elucidate mechanism of inner-ear mechanotransduction